OC Fair & Event Center CEO co-hosts arts awards
Kathy Kramer, CEO of OC Fair & Event Center, was proud to take the stage at Samueli Theater on Oct. 17 to help honor the best, brightest and most generous members of the Orange County arts community.
Kramer joined Rick Stein, CEO of Arts Orange County, to recognize recipients of the 18th Annual OC Arts Awards, including Charlie and Ling Zhang, art patrons of the year; performer James Luna; choreographer Molly Lynch; Casa Romantica; impresario Kevin Staniec; and the musical ensemble Trio Celeste.
For more information on the OC Arts Awards, visit artsoc.org.
Kramer shared the following information with attendees and honorees at the awards ceremony:
OCFEC has been serving our community for 127 years. The arts play an important role in what we do all year long:
• We recently opened a new museum, Heroes Hall, dedicated to telling the stories of veterans.
• We just dedicated a new large-scale work of public art, Table of Dignity, honoring the important contributions of Orange County’s agricultural workers.
• We are also proud of our educational and community service work including Imaginology, our free STEAM education event, and Centennial Farm, where thousands of school children learn where their food comes from.
• In all, OC Fair & Event Center welcomes more than 3 million guests annually and hosts over 150 events each year – many of them cultural celebrations such as Tet Festival, Scottish Fest and Japan Fair. And we are excited to announce that Cirque du Soleil is making OC Fair & Event Center its Orange County home for the next 10 years.
• Of course, our annual competitions for professional, amateur and student artists have long been part of the OC Fair, as has been presenting world-class musical acts in our Pacific Amphitheatre.
• We delighted with our new partnership with Pacific Symphony in hosting its summer concert series in Pacific Amphitheatre. And are thrilled to work with Arts Orange County on a number of projects.
OC Fair & Event Center is very proud to be part of Orange County’s family of arts & culture organizations. We look forward to continuing to grow our engagement with the creative community for many years to come.