Important update on Junior Farmer Tours and Discovery Days
These educational programs will be delayed for the 2021-2022 tour season as we train new and returning staff and volunteers. Discovery Days will return in November and Junior Farmer Tours will begin in January 2022.
(Open to all grade levels and the general public; reservations required for groups of 6 or more children)
Groups may participate in the following activities.
- Radish Seed Planting: Children will plant a radish seed to take back to school.
- Chick Education: Chick Development Process (no petting chicks).
- Oxen Demonstration: Demonstration days vary depending on the volunteers’ schedules.
- Crops: Seasonal varieties.
- Livestock Animals: Swine, goats, sheep, cattle, rabbits, and poultry.
- Cow Milking Demonstration: 9:30 a.m. (provided there is lactating cow; call 1-2 days before your tour to verify)
Picnic tables are available for lunch on a first-come, first-seated basis. Picnic tables may not be claimed prior to our 9 a.m. opening time. No assistance will be provided transporting lunches to and from the picnic area. No food or drinks are sold on premises.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, please notify us at least 4 weeks prior to the scheduled tour date. Failure to do so may result in the school’s inability to book a future field trip.
- If Centennial Farm cancels your tour due to rain/weather conditions, you will be contacted by 7:30 am the day of your reservation if the Discovery Day is cancelled. After a cancellation occurs, the Centennial Farm tour coordinator will contact the teacher/field trip coordinator within 7 business days to reschedule the field trip.
- If your school cancels due to rain/weather conditions, there is not a guarantee you will be able to reschedule due to space limitations. 24-hour notice is required in the event of a weather-related cancellation.
- Select a reservation sate. The Discovery Days calendar is a working calendar so any dates and spots currently available will be displayed. (Note: Time is limited in the reservation application window.) Once you hit the submit button, do not hit the back button as this may cause a lost reservation.
- Keep a copy of the reservation application. You will receive an automated email with your copy of the reservation application. Double-check all the information is correct. This notice is NOT a confirmation. Your Discovery Days date is being HELD. A final confirmation will be emailed to you once your submitted reservation information is approved.
- Watch for confirmation. The tour coordinator will email a confirmation 2-3 months before your reservation date. The email will state that we have received and approved the reservation application and your Discovery Day reservation is confirmed.
Reservations can only be made online for groups of 6 children or more. Please do not call to schedule a field trip.
Reservations are not required for groups of 5 children or fewer (more info)
Reservations are closed until further notice.
For questions call Centennial Farm at (714) 708-1619.