We are proud that the annual OC Fair Junior Livestock Auction supports 4-H and FFA agriculture education programs throughout Orange County. For the 2021 OC Fair, market shows will be held pre-fair with a virtual auction (eBay style) on July 10, 2021, starting at 9 a.m.
Buyers and participants: DO NOT come to the OC Fairgrounds as there is no in-person auction for the 2021 OC Fair.
Only the highest quality livestock are available through the OC Fair Junior Livestock Auction. Market beef, goats, lambs, hogs, turkeys, broilers and rabbits that earn a blue ribbon, market-ready award are permitted to sell in the auction. All Champions, Reserve Champions, Grand Champions and Reserve Grand Champions in each species are required to sell in the auction. Champion turkey, broilers, and rabbits must sell at the auction; no other turkeys, broilers or rabbits will be sold in the auction.
Virtual Auction Schedule
Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time
Friday, July 9, at noon
Buyer registration, view auction lots and start accepting bids and add-ons
Saturday, July 10, at 9 a.m.
Lots will close in numerical order every 2 minutes. If there is a competitive bidding and a bid is placed within the last 30 seconds of the lot closing, the lot will extend 60 seconds. All subsequent lots closing times will be pushed accordingly.
Monday, July 12, at 11:59 p.m.
Deadline for add-on contributions
All buyers (previous buyers, new buyers and add-ons) will need to register at link to ShoWorks Auction.
How to register and participate in the virtual auction as a buyer and/or contribute add-ons:
1. Buyer Login Instructions
2. Buyer Auction Screens
Champion turkey, broilers, and rabbits must sell at the auction; no other turkeys, broilers or rabbits will be sold in the auction.
Help with the Virtual Auction
How to register as a Buyer
All buyers must have a mobile number on file in order to register.
- Previous Buyers, New Buyers and Add-ons MUST register again.
- Spectators (individuals not bidding or add-ons) do not need to register, just click the auction link above and watch the action live!
How to log in to place a bid or add-on
- Select log in at the top right corner of the screen.
- Search for your company or name in the drop-down list.
a. If your company or name doesn’t appear, click Register New Buyer and complete the form.
- Select Request Code to receive a 4-digit security code via text. This password/code is your bidding password for the auction and will be used throughout the auction.
- Enter the code in the box below your name.
On Friday, July 9, the OC Fair Virtual Junior Livestock Auction (eBay style) will be available to view. Registered buyers can begin making bids and adding on to lots starting Friday, July 9. Lots will begin closing in numerical order starting on Saturday, July 10, at 9 a.m. REMINDER FOR BUYERS: DO NOT come to the OC Fairgrounds as there is no in-person auction for the 2021 OC Fair.
How to make a bid
- Destination Selection: Upon placing a first bid for a specific lot, you will be prompted to select a destination for the animal: process for meat, buy back, pick up live or donation resale proceeds to charity. If you would like to change your selection, you can do so when you place another bid. The destination can be different for multiple animals.
- Placing a split bid: Check the split bid checkbox when placing your bid. If you win, fair management will contact you upon winning the bid to obtain split details. Splits can only be done in quarters or halves.
- Max Proxy Bidding: Enter a private proxy max bid for any specific lot when placing a bid. The system will automatically place a new bid at the auction designated increments without going over your max bid.
- Note: You will receive a text message anytime you are outbid on an item.
Tips and reminders
- Lots will be closing in numerical order starting on Saturday, July 10, at 9 a.m.
- Keep track of your total bids and add-ons. Near the top of your screen you will see Buyer Totals with total cost of lots won, open bids and add-on amounts.
- You will receive a text message when the following happens:
a. You have been outbid
b. You won a certain lot
- Use Filters by clicking the top left hand corner of the screen to see lots meeting specified criteria: exhibitor name, open lots you’ve bid on, lots that have closed, and lots without any bids.
- If there is competitive bidding and a bid is placed within the last 30 seconds of the lot closing, the lot will extend 60 seconds. All subsequent lots closing times will be pushed accordingly.
Congratulations and thank you for supporting Orange County youth through the OC Fair Junior Livestock Auction. When you have won a lot, you will be sent an invoice by mail and/or email by the OC Fair Staff.
2020 Livestock Champions
View champions on fairvault.com
2019 Junior Livestock Auction Champions
The specified gallery is trashed.