Besides exhibits, shopping, entertainment, rides and food, the OC Fair also offers lots of fun activities for you to try and demonstrations from which to learn. The activities listed below are available all day every day of the fair (except where noted). Some cost per service, but all are worth every penny!
- Creative Henna Body Art – Family Fairway and Crafters Village
- Face Painting – Various locations
- Fickle Finger Body Art (Henna and temporary tattoos) – Midway Avenue (west side of Carnival)
- Glittery – Crafters Village
ART, PHOTOS & MORE
- Black & White Art Studio – Crafters Village
- Caricature – Crafters Village
- Silhouettes – Crafters Village
- Amazon Wonders (digital photos with birds) – $20, $25 & $28 photo packages
- Photo booths – $10 for two strips of photos
- Diane’s Psychic Reader – Midway Avenue (west side of Carnival)
- Footsie Wootsies – 25 cent foot massages
- SkyRiver Butterflies – $3 for 1 person, $5 for 2; $2 each for 3+ people
FOR THE KIDS
- Happy Day Pony Ride – $10 pony ride, $15-$25 photos with pony
- Tucker’s Pony Rides – $12 pony ride, $12 photos
- County Bounty Treasure Hunt augmented reality (AR) game – Discover the state’s varied array of agriculture! Just look for the signs with the California Bear and use the QR code to get started or download the app (Apple or Google) – free
- Postcards for Veterans at Heroes Hall Museum – free
- The Great American Petting Farm – free (or pay to feed animals)
Free demonstrations take place in the OC Promenade daily. Here is the schedule:
- Sunday, July 31, noon – MJ Hong: LoveKoreanFood. com
- Wednesday, Aug. 3, 1 p.m. – UCCE OC MFP The Canning Kitchen
- Thursday, Aug. 4, 5 p.m. – R. Martinez & Giovanna Martinez Competition Chile
- Friday, Aug. 5, 3 p.m. – Kitchy Cooker/Sun Tea! with fruit, bourbon, cocktails!
- Friday, Aug. 5, 5 p.m. – OC Combustibles Instapot Chicken Pho
- Saturday, Aug. 6, 3 p.m. – Ailye Aydin: A Good Carrot
- Saturday, Aug. 6, 5 p.m. – R. Martinez & Chef Karla Salazar/ Ayurvedic: TAMPICO
- Sunday, Aug. 7, 5 p.m. – Chef Vina: Watermelon Salad with Fresh Mint
- Sunday, Aug. 7, 3 p.m. – Keiko Beatie!
- Wednesday, Aug. 10, 1 p.m. – OCCE OC MFP The Canning Kitchen
- Friday, Aug. 12, 5 p.m. – Chef Turok: Cheesecake Brian Menendez
- Saturday, Aug. 13, 3 p.m. – Diva vs. Babe “Chopped” Event
- Saturday, Aug. 13, noon – Keiko Beatie!
- Saturday, Aug. 13, 5 p.m. – Kitchy Cooker! Sun Tea Adventures
- Saturday, Aug. 13, 1 p.m. – UCCE OC MFP The Canning Kitchen
Take part in nightly food contests on the OC Promenade Stage. Contests begin at 7 p.m. and range from who can eat watermelons, tater tots and goldfish the fastest to playing with your food like apple stacking. Three rounds are offered nightly – one for 5-10 years, another for youth ages 11-17 and an adult round for 18+. Check in with the Culinary Info Booth staff to see what’s on schedule the day of your visit!