OC Fair is game for the iBUYPOWER GameFest and Tournament series
The final days of the 2017 OC Fair are approaching but the excitement is intensifying as Fairgoers get ready for the iBUYPOWER GameFest and Tournament Series.
iBUYPOWER has proclaimed the OC Fair GameFest as the first ever live eSports carnival to take place at any of California’s largest fairs. OC Fairgoers will be invited to enjoy a variety of some of the latest virtual reality games and gadgets popular in the gaming market today.
All games and exhibits will be free-to-play for Fairgoers from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 12, and Sunday, Aug. 13, in The Hangar.
“I’m definitely excited for everything” said Cat Tompkins, iBUYPOWER Public Relations Specialist. “We’re going to be having Street Fighter V on stage, four different tournaments, all of our partners are going to be there like Intel, Oculus, WD and Zowie, and it’s definitely going to be a fun gaming carnival experience for everyone overall.”
The iBUYPOWER GameFest will also sport an Oculus VR Village with 10 stations, a 65-person Free2Play LAN (Local Area Network) with iBUYPOWER custom PCs, and video games including Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Rocket League, HeartStone: Heroes of Warcraft, League Legends and Overwatch.
Rolling over into the evening, serious pro-gamers and brave Fairgoers will face off for grand prizes in the iBUYPOWER Tournament Series.
The four tournaments:
Overwatch – Free-to-enter tournament with hardware prizes; more than 50 players registered so far.
Rocket League – Tournament with a prize pool compromised of 50 percent of the fees collected from players; eight teams.
CS: GO (collegiate) – Tournament with a prize pool compromised of 50 percent of the fees collected from players; more than 20 players registered so far.
CS: GO – Open-to-public, large-scale tournament with a $10,000 prize pool; more than 100 players registered so far.
Registration for the Overwatch tournament is still available.
Admission to the Tournament Series is $17.50 for standing general admission and $25 for reserved seating. Tickets include all-day expo and demos plus exclusive access to the Hangar beginning at 7:30 p.m. The Tournament Series begins at 8:30 p.m.
iBUYPOWER will also be streaming live broadcasts of the International DOTA 2 Championship finals Saturday, Aug. 12, during the Tournament Series.
Here are 5 more things to do at the Fair this week!
1. The Wild West Turkey Stampede will be held daily starting Wednesday at 2, 4, 6 and 8 p.m. in the Livestock Show Ring.
2. Demo with Taco Mesa Restaurateurs at 5 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 9, in OC Promenade Culinary Arts.
3. Send a postcard to a veteran. Stop by Heroes Hall to fill one out; they’ll be mailed to veterans at the VA hospitals and recruits at Camp Pendleton.
4. Catch a show in Pacific Amphitheatre. Concerts include Steve Miller Band / Peter Frampton on Wednesday, Aug. 9; The Isley Brothers / The Commodores on Thursday, Aug. 10; Jake Owen / Honey County on Sunday, Aug. 13; and more! See pacamp.com for more info and to buy tickets.
5. Get in free during We Care Wednesday! From noon to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 9, you can get into the Fair for free if you bring $5 worth of school supplies (receipt required; accepted supplies include pens, pencils, colored pencils, backpacks, notebooks – see ocfair.com/promotions for complete list).