OC Fair & Event Center Media Policy
Please read the policy below before you submit a press credential request.
The following outlines the Press/Media Policy for select events at OC Fair & Event Center. For events not listed below, please contact the promoter directly as listed on the online Events Calendar.
- OC Fair (includes ticketed events and Pacific Amphitheatre, The Hangar, Action Sports Arena) – July and August
- Imaginology – Mid-April
- Centennial Farm – Daily, year-round
- Heroes Hall – Tuesday-Sunday, year-round
Press/Media access will only be granted and issued by OC Fair & Event Center Communications Department. Please read the full policy before submitting a request for press access.
For live broadcast opportunities, please contact the Communications Department directly at (714) 708-1543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial/Private Photography or Video: Use of OC Fair & Event Center property or its events for a commercial or private location shoot is prohibited without prior consent and arrangements with OC Fair & Event Center. For promotional or private shoots, please complete this form.
Press credentials for the summer OC Fair only grant general access to the Fair. Pacific Amphitheatre or any other areas not open to general admission public require a separate credential.
Access will be issued for approved events individually and are subject to criteria established by the artist, artist management and the venue. Approved reviewers for any Pacific Amphitheatre show will receive one (1) seat. Photo credentials for ticketed performances allow the photographer standing access for the first three songs only and require a staff escort. Photo passes for any Pacific Amphitheatre show does not include a seat to the show. The number of seats provided will vary for events in The Hangar, Action Sports Arena and any other ticketed event.
Media & press credentials not issued by the OC Fair can only be used for identification purposes and are not valid for Fair admission, parking or access.
All persons representing media organizations must submit an official request before access will be granted to the grounds or events. Submission of an official request does not guarantee press/media access.
Those requesting and receiving press access adhere to the following:
- It is at the discretion of the Communications Department to determine if press access will be issued.
- It is at the discretion of the Communications Department if press/media will need to be escorted by staff while on the property.
- Press access may only be used to cover OC Fair & Event Center events as a news assignment.
- Press access is valid for general Fair admission only. Complimentary parking for press will be considered on a case-by-case basis and is at the discretion of the Communications Department.
- Admission is only valid for the individual who is approved for access by the Communications Department.
- Organizations requesting access for multiple staff members should submit one request and access will be issued to an individual or specific editor. Assignment editors and photo editors will be issued credentials/passes to be distributed to their staff at their discretion.
- Press access used for purposes other than to conduct work at OC Fair & Event Center events will be revoked. This includes unauthorized persons using OC Fair-issued credentials.
- OC Fair & Event Center reserves the right to revoke approved access at any time.
- A link to coverage of the OC Fair (or other event) resulting from your credential may be requested.
Press access is only granted to broadcast, print and online media on assignment to cover the OC Fair & Event Center or its events. Freelance reporters/photographers must provide the following documentation before access will be considered:
- Valid working press photo identification and
- Proof of assignment from a news organization, such as a letter on letterhead from a news director, editor or similar authority.
A copy of the publication or news broadcast may be requested.
No business cards or bylined articles will be accepted.
Please note: Access is given to reporters, writers, editors, videographers, producers and photographers who are working for an actual news media outlet. Advertising, sales, marketing and administrative staff are not considered working media and will not be provided with media access regardless if they have received it in the past.
The press/media policy for the OC Fair & Event Center and its events is necessary to:
- Accommodate working press quickly and efficiently
- Ensure that working press receive credentials
- Protect visitors from being approached by representatives working on commercial projects or unauthorized persons who present themselves as journalists to the public and to
- Assist Fair personnel in identifying reporters cleared for access and press privileges
Requests for media access must be submitted at least 48 hours before any requested date or special event.
By submitting a media credential request, you are hereby agreeing to all of the above.
OC Fair & Event Center