Junior Farmer Tour – Field Trips
Tours for kindergarten through 3rd grade; reservations required.
Groups may participate in the following activities:
- Radish Seed Planting: Children will plant a radish seed to take back to school.
- Chick Education: Chick Development Process (no handling/holding chicks).
- Oxen Demonstration: Demonstration days vary depending on the volunteers’ schedules.
- Crops: Seasonal varieties.
- Livestock Animals: Swine, goats, sheep, cattle, rabbits, and poultry.
Common Core State Standards
Centennial Farm has a picnic area for eating lunch or snacks. Staff will assist with bringing lunches to the picnic area. Schools are responsible for bringing any of their remaining lunches/containers to your bus. No food or drinks are sold on premises.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, please notify us at least 4 weeks prior to the scheduled tour date. Failure to do so may result in the school’s inability to book a future field trip.
- If Centennial Farm cancels your tour due to rain/weather conditions, schools will be contacted by 7:30 am the day of their tour. After a cancellation occurs, the Centennial Farm tour coordinator will contact the teacher/field trip coordinator within 7 business days to reschedule the field trip.
- If your school cancels due to rain/weather conditions, you are not guaranteed the ability to reschedule due to space limitations. 24-hour notice is required in the event of a weather-related cancellation.
- Select a reservation date. The tour calendar is a working calendar so any dates and groups currently available will be displayed.
- Keep a copy of the reservation application. You will receive an automated email with your copy of the reservation application. Double-check all the information is correct. This notice is NOT a confirmation. Your field trip date is being HELD. A final confirmation/teacher contract will be emailed to you once your submitted field trip information is approved.
- Complete the contract. The tour coordinator will email the contract 2-3 months before your tour reservation date. The contract requires all attending teachers to read and sign the contract. Return the signed contract to finalize your reservation.
- Watch for confirmation. Once the office has received your contract with all attending teachers’ signatures you will receive an email stating that we have received the contract and your Jr. Farmer Tour reservation is confirmed. (Note: Please call the tour coordinator a month before your reservation date if you don’t receive this.)
How to Make a Tour Reservation
Step 1: Complete Interest Form by Wednesday, Aug. 24. Failure to complete the Interest Form by this date will mean waiting until Sept. 1 in order to reserve a Junior Farmer Tour.
Step 2: By the end of the day on Thursday, Aug. 25, you will receive an email with your specified timeslot.
Step 3: At your date and timeslot, you will receive an email with a link to reserve a Junior Farmer Tour on Saturday, Aug. 27.
NEW for 2022/2023 – Teachers who are interested in reserving a Junior Farmer Tour for the 2022/2023 school year will need to register for a timeslot for Saturday, Aug. 27, 2022. Once your timeslot is confirmed, you will be able to login at that time on Aug. 27 and reserve your preferred tour date.
If you have any questions, call Centennial Farm at (714) 708-1619.
Post-Tour Survey – Enter for a chance to WIN!
Thank you for participating in the Centennial Farm Jr. Farmer Tour program. Your feedback is very important to us! Please take a moment to complete a brief survey telling us about your recent experience.
For your participation, you will be entered in our monthly drawing* for a chance to win your choice of the following prizes: $20 gift card to Lakeshore Learning OR priority registration for your school for the next school year. Monthly winners will be notified via email two weeks after each month’s end.
* To be eligible for the drawing, the brief post-tour survey must be completed after your tour and in the same month your school or group took a Centennial Farm Jr. Farmer Tour. For groups that visited the last week of the month, in order to allow time for you to complete the survey, please submit your post tour survey within the first 7 days of the following month so you can be eligible for the following month’s drawing.