Junior Farmer Tour – School Field Trips
Welcome to the Jr. Farmer Tour Center!
About Jr. Farmer Tours
WHAT IS A JR. FARMER TOUR?
A Jr. Farmer Tour is part of Centennial Farm’s agriculture educational program. The tours meet Common Core State Standards.
Groups may participate in the following activities:
- Radish Seed Planting: Students will plant a radish seed to take back to school.
- Chick Education: Learn about the chick development process.
- Oxen Demonstration: Demonstration days vary depending on the volunteers’ schedules.
- Crops Education: See seasonal varieties in their various growth stages.
- Livestock Animal Education: See pigs, goats, sheep, cattle, rabbits and poultry in person.
Jr. Farmer Tours are for students in kindergarten through third grade.
Centennial Farm has a picnic area for eating lunch or snacks. Staff will assist with bringing lunches to the picnic area. Schools are responsible for bringing any of their remaining lunches/containers to your bus. No food or drinks are sold on premises.
Thank you for participating in the Centennial Farm Jr. Farmer Tour program. Your feedback is very important to us! Please take a moment to complete a brief survey telling us about your recent experience.
Take the Post Tour Survey for the Jr. Farmer Tour program
For your participation, you will be entered in our monthly drawing* for a chance to win your choice of the following prizes: $20 gift card to Lakeshore Learning OR priority registration for your school for the next school year. Monthly winners will be notified via email two weeks after each month’s end.
* To be eligible for the drawing, the brief post-tour survey must be completed after your tour and in the same month your school or group took a Centennial Farm Jr. Farmer Tour. For groups that visited the last week of the month, in order to allow time for you to complete the survey, please submit your post tour survey within the first 7 days of the following month so you can be eligible for the following month’s drawing.