Discovery Days are open to all grade levels and the general public.
Reservations are required for groups of 10 or more. For groups with less than 10 people, reservations are not required; see more info.
What to Expect on Discovery Day
Groups may participate in the following activities.
- Self-Guided Tours: Volunteers are present to provide information.
- Radish Seed Planting: Children will plant a radish seed to take back to school.
- Chick Education: Learn about the chick development process.
- Oxen Demonstration: Demonstration days vary depending on the volunteers’ schedules.
- Crops Education: Seasonal varieties.
- See Livestock Animals: Swine, goats, sheep, cattle, rabbits, and poultry.
Picnic tables are available for lunch on a first-come, first-seated basis. Picnic tables may not be claimed prior to our 9 a.m. opening time. No assistance will be provided transporting lunches to and from the picnic area. No food or drinks are sold on premises.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, please notify us at least 4 weeks prior to the scheduled tour date. Failure to do so may result in the school’s inability to book a future field trip.
- If Centennial Farm cancels your tour due to rain/weather conditions, you will be contacted by 7:30 a.m. the day of your reservation if the Discovery Day is canceled. After a cancellation occurs, the Centennial Farm tour coordinator will contact the teacher/field trip coordinator within seven business days to reschedule the field trip.
- If your school cancels due to rain/weather conditions, there is not a guarantee you will be able to reschedule due to space limitations. At least 24-hour notice is required in the event of a weather-related cancellation.
- Select a reservation date. The Discovery Days calendar is a working calendar so any dates and spots currently available will be displayed. (Note: Time is limited in the reservation application window.) Once you hit the submit button, do not hit the back button as this may cause a lost reservation.
- Keep a copy of the reservation application. You will receive an automated email with your copy of the reservation application. Double-check all the information is correct. This notice is NOT a confirmation. Your Discovery Days date is being HELD. A final confirmation will be emailed to you once your submitted reservation information is approved.
- Watch for confirmation. The tour coordinator will email a confirmation 2-3 months before your reservation date. The email will state that we have received and approved the reservation application and your Discovery Day reservation is confirmed.
Reservations can only be made online. Please do not call to schedule a field trip.
Please reserve only for groups of 10 or more. If you have any questions, call Centennial Farm at (714) 708-1619.