Sunday, November 14, 2021 (3:29 pm)
Discovery Days are back at Centennial Farm
Want to spend a fun morning at the farm? Discovery Days are the perfect opportunity to learn all about agriculture and really get to know Centennial Farm.
Discovery Days are open to the public and are perfect for mom groups, homeschool groups and more. Groups may participate in the following activities:
- Self-Guided Tours: Volunteers are present to provide information.
- Radish Seed Planting: Children will plant a radish seed to take back to school or home.
- Chick Education: Learn all about the chick development process.
- Oxen Demonstration: Demonstration days vary depending on the volunteers’ schedules.
- Crops Education: Seasonal varieties.
- See Livestock Animals: Swine, goats, sheep, cattle, rabbits and poultry.
Discovery Days are from 9 a.m. to noon on select dates, including: Nov. 16, Nov. 18, Dec. 1, Dec. 9 and Dec. 17. Reservations are required for groups of 10 or more and can be made at ocfair.com/discoveryday.
MORE WAYS TO LEARN ABOUT AGRICULTURE
We have online resources available so guests can learn all about the livestock and crops on the farm.
Animal landscapers: Our team of angora goats – guarded by miniature donkeys, a llama and a Maremma guard dog – is out on the Pacific Amphitheatre berm now through December. Read all about them.
Resident animals: From pigs and peafowl to oxen and chickens, Centennial Farm features a slew of animals year-round on the working farm. Read all about them and see photos.
Crops: We’ve got rotating raised garden beds, rare fruit trees and more. Read all about them and see photos.
Activity sheets : Staff has compiled farm-themed coloring pages, instruction sheets for harvesting seeds, various worksheets and more. Browse educational material.